Stats compiled by Opta
PHILLIPS THE SUPPLIER
- Matt Phillips' two assists in QPR's 2-0 win at Sunderland on Tuesday were his first in the BPL since April 2011. He provided Leroy Fer and Bobby Zamora for the two goals in the R's first away win of the campaign making him the first player from the west London club to produce two BPL assists since Danny Dichio in April 1996.
OZIL BACK TO BEST
- Mesut Ozil's assist for Laurent Koscielny's 27th-minute opener in Arsenal's 2-1 home win over Leicester City took his recent tally to three goals and two assists in his past four matches in all competitions.
KANE CONTINUES TO SHINE
- Harry Kane's 26th-minute finish in Tottenham's 3-2 loss at Liverpool improved his recent run to 12 goals in his last 15 appearances in all competitions for Spurs. He has 23 goals this season, the most of any BPL player.
TOTTENHAM THE TERRIBLE TYRANTS
BAD BOY BARTON
- QPR's Joey Barton achieved an unenviable milestone on Tuesday when picking up his seventh booking in seven games to become the first player in BPL history to pick up so many successive cautions.
VILLA GOAL-SHY UNDER LAMBERT
MAN UTD WINNING DESPITE DEFENSIVE WOES
- Manchester United's 3-1 win over Burnley at Old Trafford was the ninth time in their past 12 matches that have failed to keep a clean sheet, however, they have won seven and drawn four matches during that time.
CROUCH ABOUT TO LEAP ABOVE THE PACK
- Peter Crouch's headed goal in the 38th minute of Stoke City's 4-1 home loss to Manchester City was his 45th in the BPL, equaling Dion Dublin's tally of headed goals, and placing just one behind all-time header leader Alan Shearer.
MILNER TAKES TWO
- James Milner's 55th-minmute goal in Man City's 4-1 in at Stoke was his second goal in two outings after his late leveler against Hull City on the weekend. It is the first time since April 2010 that he has netted twice in two matches.
MAN CITY QUARTET IS TELLING
- Man City's four goals in the 4-1 away win over Stoke was the 15th time they have netted four or more in a BPL game on the road. 13 of those have come since 2010.
CHELSEA RIGHT AT HOME AT 'THE BRIDGE'
MAN CITY MAKE IT TO 1K
- Man City's victory took their total points tally in the BPL to 1000 points making them just the ninth team in history to do so.
For breaking stories and all the great banter like us on Facebook: facebook.com/tribalfootball