The Seattle Sounders star and USA national team captain earns $6.695 million a year making him the highest-earning player in North America’s top flight.
Dempsey’s salary betters two new players to MLS – Toronto FC pair Michael Bradley and Jermain Defoe – with the ex-AS Roma midfielder earning $6.5m and former Tottenham striker Defoe raking in $6.18m annually.
LA Galaxy pair Landon Donovan and Robbie Keane are next with earnings of $4.583m and $4.5m respectively while New York Red Bulls duo Thierry Henry and Tim Cahill come in at sixth and seventh on the list.
Highest-paid MLS players for 2014
1. Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders) - $6.695million
2. Michael Bradley (Toronto FC) - $6.5m
3. Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC) - $6.18m
4. Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy) - $4.583m
5. Robbie Keane (LA Galaxy) - $4.5m
6. Thierry Henry (New York Red Bulls) - $4.35m
7. Tim Cahill (New York Red Bulls) - $3.625m
8. Marco Di Vaio (Montreal Impact) - $2.6m
9. Obafemi Martins (Seattle Sounders) - $1.753m
10. Pedro Morales (Vancouver Whitecaps) - $1.41m
For breaking stories and all the great banter like us on Facebook: facebook.com/tribalfootball