Twente reject opening Fulham offer for Ruiz

Fulham have failed with a bid for FC Twente star Bryan Ruiz. The Daily Mail says Fulham have had a £7.5million bid for Tottenham target Ruiz rejected.

Fulham have failed with a bid for FC Twente star Bryan Ruiz.

The Daily Mail says Fulham have had a £7.5million bid for Tottenham target Ruiz rejected.

The Costa Rican was watched by Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp on Tuesday night and by Arsenal scouts last week yet it was Martin Jol who made the first move.

The 26-year-old winger though has a buy-out clause fixed at £13.75m and Twente are determined to hold out for closer to that figure.

Twente chairman Joop Munsterman confirmed: "We could not take the offer seriously. It was too low."

 
It's the home stretch! 24/7 click for the best coverage of Fulham's final transfer market moves

Have your say