Arsenal fan Sarosh Waiz has penned a passionate open letter to Gunners manager Arsene Wenger after their Champions League defeat at Manchester United on Wednesday night. Sarosh emailed it directly to Arsenal immediately after the game and we're happy to publish it on a day when Gunners fans are facing the prospect of another promising season ending without any silverware.
This mail is directed to Mr Arsene Wenger and the Arsenal top management. I want this to reach them, and also going to publish them on blogs and news websites to create a buzz so I know they read it one way or the other. This is not a matter of a simple Arsenal Fan writing mail. It's about the whole Arsenal community which is disheartened and broken by all the broken promises by the club.
I didn't know where to contact Arsenal Football Club and I really want this to go to Mr. Arsene Wenger. The AFC management should know better how all of us fans are supporting Arsenal, taking fights from other bulls*** supporters of Man U or Chelsea or any other club! We support Arsenal and fight for it to keep its prestige and the high profile image. And what do we get? Such an insult and shame in front of our opponent's supporters telling us to our faces that Arsenal is a s*** club and they can't even score? And for some reason, we can't even try and hold them for long because we have been trophy-less for 4 seasons . We don't even seem hungry for that. Not even our team and the players have that hungry attitude of going and getting the job done. I'm sorry to say but the majority of the players, no matter whoever it is are just there for blabbering and not standing up to the expectations of the supporters and other stake holders. They are taking a hell of a lot of money to just bull**** on and off the field and they don't even seem to GO FOR anything at all. They just play for fun! And that too... fun for their own selves, passing the ball in a funky way and smiling that what a move they made. They should grow up and start scoring rather than only passing like babies.
We have never won the Champions League? And we are trophy-less for 4 seasons? Was this the so-called "Animal" that the Arsenal players have turned into as referred to by Mr. Wenger?
For God's sake, these players get such high salaries and it's their profession to play football but these guys can't even get a basic job done? All we wanted was a fight against Manchester United. Are we looking forward to winning the Champions League with these crappy players who don't even seem to have the hunger to win something? And at the end of the season these idiots complain that we are trophy-less. If they won't score are the fans and supporters going to score goals for them? They just want to make their individual names and get lost to big clubs like AC Milan and Barcelona, taking high salaries and warming their benches.
The following is a simple take-out and my analysis of today's Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg with Manchester United:
- Arsenal cannot defend
- They don't have players who are hungry to win. They only play for the fun of their own selves and not the fans. They think that the fans can go to hell!!
- Arsenal never has the rock solid attitude of going out there and just bursting the opposite team apart.
- The self belief is hardly there and even if they have self belief they never have the ability of creating something because the ARSENAL style of play is only successful if the players are good at improvisational passing because the old invincibles had the ability of creating funky new things on the field just by improvising and good understanding . These guys don't have the ability to improvise. They get the ball and they keep thinking what should they do next and they lose the opportunity
- They never shoot because they take too much time to think whether to pass left, pass right or shoot. This is not improvising. It should come as a flow and I am sorry to say these guys keep thinking and have lost everything!!!
- Even if they manage to create chances to score a goal, they start thinking , "Okay we have done this amazing (stuff), now how to further beautify it and score the goal". For God's Sake just shoot the ball or pass it on the first instinct.
- Last but not least, other teams play a fixed position game. The CAM (Central Attacking Midfielder) would know where the winger would be and the winger would know where the right back or the striker or the CAM would be. They play a fixed position game and they know exactly the plan and positions beforehand. That is why they even give passes without seeing and the player who has the responsibility of being in a certain position always has to be there to receive the ball and make the next planned move in terms of a corner or a shot. This is planned for teams like Chelsea, Man U or Liverpool whereas Arsenal's style of play is never planned and is 100% improvisation. But I am sorry, since the team doesn't have any chemistry and cannot improvise to create chances. I would suggest Arsenal to play dirty and planned in order to be sure of at least what they are trying to do. Every Arsenal player stands clueless blaming each other. We need to score even if we play dirty for now.. we need a trophy!!
I am extremely sorry, I am a diehard Arsenal supporter and it's extremely depressing for me to take this. If we don't win the second leg by hook or by crook, Arsenal Football Club, its long-built image, its players and all its fan support will no longer be there.
A Tired & a Depressed Gunner...