QPR's board were due to meet on Thursday to discuss Neil Warnock's future, it has been revealed.
The Daily Mail says key members of the QPR board were due to meet on Thursday to discuss his position. But the club's 1-1 draw in the FA Cup third round against MK Dons on Saturday forced owner Tony Fernandes to make a quick decision.
He is said to be 'deeply disappointed' by QPR's league position, particularly given the amount of money spent by Warnock in the summer to bring in the likes of Joey Barton, Anton Ferdinand, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Luke Young.
Furthermore, Fernandes has been unconvinced by a number of Warnock's signings, feeling money could have been spent better elsewhere. The former Sheffield United boss was to be given between £15m-£20m to spend this month but last week Fernandes was having second thoughts on handing over the funds.