FC Dallas technical director Fernando Clavijo has confirmed that the club is close to securing the services of an unnamed quality attacking player.
The Texan outfit have been in pursuit of a new striker and although the identity of the player has not been revealed, Clavijo said a deal was close to being done.
"I think that somebody of his stature and the way he plays, he's going to be ... right away [able to play]," Clavijo told reporters.
"I think he's going to make a difference as soon as coach feels he's ready to go."
In addition, the vice-president of the company that owns FC Dallas, Dan Hunt of Hunt Sports Group, posted on Twitter that a new player had been secured.
It looks like we have a done deal, more to come...— Dan Hunt (@DanHuntFCD) July 15, 2013
Signature has been secured. #DTID!— Dan Hunt (@DanHuntFCD) July 15, 2013