Arsenal have been forced to drop plans of playing a friendly in Nigeria.
The Daily Star Sunday says Arsene Wenger’s side were set to play the African state’s national team, after cancelling a trip last year.
The Gunners pledged to honour an agreement to play the match this July and even sent star players Tomas Rosicky, Bacary Sagna, Per Mertesacker and Lukas Podolski to Nigeria to help publicise the encounter.
At the time of the previous postponement, Arsenal marketing director Angus Kinnear said: “We are making plans for a visit next summer.”
But with escalating terrorism attacks from Islamist group Boko Haram, the club have decided not to make the journey.
Instead, they will tour Japan, Indonesia and Vietnam.