Real Madrid star Gareth Bale is the fastest player in the game with the ball at his feet.
The former Tottenham winger is clocked at 36.9 km/h when dribbling, ahead of Manchester United wing-back Antonio Valencia, who has been recorded at 35.1km/h and Pachuca ace Jurgen Damm at 35.23 km/h.
The study was conducted by Pachuca and has been endorsed by FIFA.
TOP 10 FASTEST PLAYERS IN POSSESSION
1) Gareth Bale (Real Madrid) 36.9 km / h
2) Jürgen Damm (Pachuca) 35.23 Km / h
3) Antonio Valencia (Manchester United) 35.1 km / h
4) Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur) 33.8 km / h
5) Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid) 33.6 km / h
6) Theo Walcott (Arsenal) 32.7 km / h
7) Lionel Messi (Barcelona) 32.5 km / h
8) Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) 31.2 km / h
9) Frank Ribery (Bayern Munich) 30.7 km / h
10) Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid) 30.6 km / h