As featured on NewsNow: Football news
×

Subscribe and go ad-free

For only $10 a year

  1. Go Ad-Free
  2. Faster site experience
  3. Support great writing
  4. Subscribe now
Launch Offer: 2 months free

Sheffield Wednesday accept losing Leeds, Everton target George Hirst

Sheffield Wednesday accept they face losing George Hirst.

The Daily Mail says Wednesday are braced for offers when the transfer market opens in January.

They rejected a £2 million offer from Leicester in August and there has been interest from Leeds and Everton in the teenage striker who is out of contract at the end of the season.

Owls chairman Dejphon Chansiri broke his silence last week on the subject with a message to supporters.

"We have tried our best and are disappointed but it seems there is little more we can do to keep George at Sheffield Wednesday," said Chansiri. "Our offer broke our current salary structure for the development squad on a level never previously matched."

About the author

Paul Vegas

Have your say
×

Subscribe and go ad-free

For only $10 a year

  1. Go Ad-Free
  2. Faster site experience
  3. Support great writing
  4. Subscribe now
Launch Offer: 2 months free
×

Subscribe and go ad-free

For only $10 a year

Subscribe now
Launch Offer: 2 months free