As featured on NewsNow: Football news

Portuguese consortium make takeover bid for Charlton Athletic

A Portuguese consortium are making a takeover bid for Charlton Athletic.

Corporate Football Organisation Portugal (CFO), which claims to represent a number of mainly Portuguese investors, say they have made an offer to buy the club from East Street Investments (ESI), which purchased the Addicks from Roland Duchatelet for £1 in January, reports the London Evening Standard.

ESI last week revealed it has agreed to sell 65 percent of its shares to a third-party and served noticed to ousted former chairman Matt Southall, who owns the other 35 percent, to sell his stake this month.

CFO claim they have no links to previous owners of the club and said their offer included assuming ESI's commitment to buy the Valley and the club's Sparrows Lane training ground from Duchatelet for £50m by 2024.

About the author

Paul Vegas

Have your say
×

Subscribe and go ad-free

For only $10 a year

  1. Go Ad-Free
  2. Faster site experience
  3. Support great writing
  4. Subscribe now
Launch Offer: 2 months free
×

Subscribe and go ad-free

For only $10 a year

Subscribe now
Launch Offer: 2 months free