As featured on NewsNow: Football news

Man City's Balotelli OK as firecracker goes off in his bathroom

Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli is okay after a firecracker went off in his apartment's bathroom.

Two fire engines were sent to the home of the 21-year-old Italy international in Mottram St Andrew, Macclesfield, just after midnight on Saturday morning after the alarm was raised.

They found a fire in the bathroom on the first floor of the detached property.

A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Crews managed to put the fire out within half an hour of arriving but remained at the scene until 2.45am to prevent any possible flare-ups.

"Smoke alarms were fitted at the property and the occupiers were able to get out unharmed. The fire was caused by a firework."

The cause of the blaze is being examined by fire investigators and police but is not being treated as suspicious.



Support Tribal Football with this great deal from our partners ExpressVPN. You get an extra three months free with the 12-month plan (a saving of 49%!). All plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you change your mind. Click here to try now, risk-free for 30 days - and support Tribal Football in the process.

Video of the day:

About the author

Tribal Football Staff

Have your say
×

Subscribe and go ad-free

For only $10 a year

  1. Go Ad-Free
  2. Faster site experience
  3. Support great writing
  4. Subscribe now
Launch Offer: 2 months free
×

Subscribe and go ad-free

For only $10 a year

Subscribe now
Launch Offer: 2 months free