As featured on NewsNow: Football news

MAN CITY DOWN UNDER: Pellegrini unsure of plans for new signing Roberts

Manuel Pellegrini says the club is yet to decide what next season holds for Patrick Roberts.


The 18-year-old winger has signed with City from Fulham for a fee of £8million and immediately jetted out to Australia, with fellow new signing Fabian Delph, to link up with his new teammates.

Pellegrini was asked if Roberts would be sent out on loan next season but the Chilean insisted no decision had been made on the London native.

"We will see. He must work with us during these days and see what is the best for this future and the future of the club," said Pellegrini.

Man City are in Melbourne for their 2015 International Champions Cup fixtures against AS Roma and Real Madrid at the MCG on Tuesday and Friday respectively.

Video of the day:

Andrew Slevison
About the author

Andrew Slevison

Have your say
×

Subscribe and go ad-free

For only $10 a year

  1. Go Ad-Free
  2. Faster site experience
  3. Support great writing
  4. Subscribe now
Launch Offer: 2 months free
×

Subscribe and go ad-free

For only $10 a year

Subscribe now
Launch Offer: 2 months free