Moreno gave a press conference on Thursday in response to Enrique's remarks during the latter's official presentation as the new Spain coach, and was at a loss to explain what had been said.
"Nobody knew how long Luis Enrique's situation was going to last, but we consulted him about everything," Moreno told the press.
"Before the meeting on September 12 he told me that I did what I had to do and that he felt proud of me.
"Then what happened, happened [with his daughter's death] and a week after coming together with the Spain players I went to see him and show him my support.
"Then he told me he counted on everyone but me.
"I wondered what had I done wrong and he didn't want to count on me.
"From there I found out for the first time that Luis Enrique wanted to return.
"It was in Cadiz, and it was because of you [journalists] that I began to realise that he wanted to return."
"We went to Roma, he didn't want to continue and we followed him.
"We waited a year for him, doing nothing. We were at Celta Vigo and that's when what everyone wants came: [coaching] a big team.
"Then he didn't want to continue and he said he wouldn't coach again.
"We said we would wait for him. He said we can continue and we left with [Juan Carlos] Unzue [at Celta].
"As I am faithful, I told [Spain sporting director Jose Francisco] Molina that we had to agree on my departure.
"I still don't know why [Luis Enrique] doesn't want me with him and I don't know if I will ever know.
"Not even yesterday after he explained it. I am the first one to be happy that Luis Enrique came back and [I will be glad if] this staff win the 2020 European Championship.
"I really want to be a head coach again. It is my dream."