As featured on NewsNow: Football news

Everton boss Benitez insists no plan for Man Utd striker Ronaldo

Everton boss Rafa Benitez says he won't have any special plan for Manchester United striker Cristiano Ronaldo tomorrow.

Benitez said he would not be making any special plans to deal with Ronaldo on Saturday.

"You cannot concentrate just on one player even when it is someone like Cristiano, because anyone of the others can score goals," said the Toffees boss.

Benitez added that he is not surprised Ronaldo is still competing at the highest level at the age of 36.

"I coached him at Real Madrid and he was one of the best professionals. Working hard, training well, taking care of his body. A real example as a professional."

Benitez says Richarlison, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Semaus Coleman and Andre Gomes are all ruled out of Saturday's trip to Manchester United.

Images of the players in light training earlier this week raised hopes they could feature at Old Trafford, but Benitez says they will not be available.

"They are not ready yet," he said. "They are on the pitch little by little but they are not ready for this game. They continue working, they are getting better."


Need a VPN? Or seeking to switch? Then support Tribal Football by clicking here to sign up with our official partners NordVPN. Not only will you receive the best VPN experience, but also great discounts by signing up via Tribal Football. Thanks for your support!

Video of the day:

About the author

Paul Vegas

Have your say
×

Subscribe and go ad-free

For only $10 a year

  1. Go Ad-Free
  2. Faster site experience
  3. Support great writing
  4. Subscribe now
Launch Offer: 2 months free
×

Subscribe and go ad-free

For only $10 a year

Subscribe now
Launch Offer: 2 months free