As featured on NewsNow: Football news

Everton boss Ancelotti insists no concern about Coleman contract

Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti insists there's no concern about Seamus Coleman's contract.

Coleman has spent over 12 years at Goodison Park since joining in a £60,000 transfer from Sligo Rovers and made his 345th Everton appearance in Friday's 1-0 Premier League win at Arsenal.

Everton director of football Marcel Brands told the club's USA Live event last week he hopes to persuade the 32-year-old Republic of Ireland full-back to stay beyond his current terms, which expire at the end of next season.

But manager Ancelotti told evertontv: “I don't think we have to talk about the contract.

“The contract that Seamus has with the club and this team is forever.

“It doesn't mean one-year long or two years long. Seamus' contract with Everton is forever."

Video of the day:

About the author

Paul Vegas

Have your say
×

Subscribe and go ad-free

For only $10 a year

  1. Go Ad-Free
  2. Faster site experience
  3. Support great writing
  4. Subscribe now
Launch Offer: 2 months free
×

Subscribe and go ad-free

For only $10 a year

Subscribe now
Launch Offer: 2 months free