As featured on NewsNow: Football news

Borussia Dortmund chief Watzke: Man Utd haven't called about Sancho

Borussia Dortmund insist they expect Jadon Sancho to spend the 2020/21 season in Germany.

CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke says the club has not received any offers from Manchester United for the England international.

"So far, there has been no contact between Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United in terms of Sancho," Watzke told Süddeutsche Zeitung. "Also not indirectly or through alleged intermediaries."

And sporting director Michael Zorc added that he expected Sancho to return to preseason training next week.

"I assume that Jadon will go to the training camp on Monday and play with us this season," he told SZ.

The Dortmund hierarchy could be keeping their cards close to their chest about Sancho, especially when United's interest in Sancho has been confirmed by multiple sources.

The Red Devils still have plenty of time to get a deal done as the transfer window expires on October 5.

About the author

Freddie Taylor

Have your say
×

Subscribe and go ad-free

For only $10 a year

  1. Go Ad-Free
  2. Faster site experience
  3. Support great writing
  4. Subscribe now
Launch Offer: 2 months free
×

Subscribe and go ad-free

For only $10 a year

Subscribe now
Launch Offer: 2 months free