As featured on NewsNow: Football news

Barcelona president Laporta admits sales and signings still planned

Barcelona president Joan Laporta admits they still need a major player sale.

Laporta says that to register Jules Kounde there will have to be a departure in the coming days but says that even so Barcelona could still make more signings: Marcos Alonso and Bernardo Silva are targets.

"It's true we still have to register Kounde and there has to be a departure to do so," Laporta told DAZN.

On more signings, after making five so far, six including Pablo Torre, he added: "Yes, it's true we have interest in some players, but first we will speak with (their) clubs.

"It's August 13, so imagine what's left (in the transfer window). We can still work on some signings to make the team even more competitive."



Support Tribal Football with this great deal from our partners ExpressVPN. You get an extra three months free with the 12-month plan (a saving of 49%!). All plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you change your mind. Click here to try now, risk-free for 30 days - and support Tribal Football in the process.

Video of the day:

Carlos Volcano
About the author

Carlos Volcano

Have your say
×

Subscribe and go ad-free

For only $10 a year

  1. Go Ad-Free
  2. Faster site experience
  3. Support great writing
  4. Subscribe now
Launch Offer: 2 months free
×

Subscribe and go ad-free

For only $10 a year

Subscribe now
Launch Offer: 2 months free