Man Utd ready to battle FFF over Evra hearing

Manchester United are ready to go to war with the French Football Federation over Patrice Evra's proposed hearing.

Manchester United are ready to go to war with the French Football Federation over Patrice Evra's proposed hearing.

The Daily Star says Bayern Munich have already ruled out an appearance by Franck Ribery at next Tuesday’s hearing.

And a United spokesperson last night said: “No decision has yet been taken on Patrice.”

Evra – along with Ribery, Chelsea’s Nicolas Anelka, and Jeremy Toulalan and Eric Abidal – have been summoned to appear before the FFF disciplinary committee into the fiasco that ended with the squad going on strike in South Africa.

Evra said: “I am surprised, as I thought everyone wanted to turn the page after the World Cup. We must think about the future.

“Why punish us more than others? It’s over now. The penalty of not selecting the 23 players from the World Cup for the Norway friendly is consistent.

“That showed there were not five or six ‘ringleaders’ as had been written.”

 
Need your Manchester United news fix? Click here for all United news and transfer rumours.