Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure is the highest earning African in the game.
The Ivorian is joined on the list by his brother Kolo, who also plays for City.
African top eight:
1) Yaya Toure (Manchester City and Ivory Coast) - $13.3 million
2) Samuel Eto’o (Inter and Cameroon) - $12 million
3) Emmanuel Adebayor (Togo and Manchester City) - $12 million
4) Kolo Toure (Manchester City and Ivory Coast) - $10.3 million
5) Frederic Kanoute (Sevilla and Mali) - $8.6 million
6) Didier Drogba (Chelsea and Ivory Coast) - $8 million
7) John Mikel Obi (Chelsea and Nigeria) - $5.8 million
8) Michael Essien (Chelsea and Ghana) - $5.5 million