Manchester City players are the best paid in world sport.
The Global Sports Salaries Survey (GSSS), produced for ESPN The Magazine in the USA, has been tracking comparative pay at major sports teams for five years.
Five Premier League sides make the top 20 on the list, with Liverpool - City’s title showdown opponents from Sunday - in 20th place, earning an average of £3.4m per man per year.
THE TOP TEN WORLD'S BEST PAID SPORTS TEAMS:
1) Manchester City (Premier League) £5,337,944 average annual pay (£102,653-a-week)
2) New York Yankees (MLB) £5,286,628 (£101,666)
3) Los Angeles Dodgers (MLB) £5,119,701 (£98,456)
4) Real Madrid (La Liga) £4,993,393 (£96,027)
5) Barcelona (La Liga) £4,901,327 (£94,256)
6) Brooklyn Nets (NBA) £4,485,019 (£86,250)
7) Bayern Munich (Bundesliga) £4,402,905 (£84,671)
8) Manchester United (Premier League) £4,322,251 (£83,120)
9) Chicago Bulls (NBA) £3,985,706 (£76,648)
10) Chelsea (Premier League) £3,984,536 (£76,626)
For breaking stories and all the great banter like us on Facebook: facebook.com/tribalfootball