Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra has confirmed he will provide Sven-Goran Eriksson with more funds during the January transfer window.
Shinawatra has already spent £40million on new players since his summer takeover of the Eastlands outfit, despite having over £1billion of his assets frozen in his native Thailand.
Currently third in the top flight, City head to former champions Chelsea on Saturday knowing victory will take them an amazing seven points clear of Avram Grant's men.
Both Shinawatra and Eriksson accept there is still plenty of work to be done. But, having vowed to take City into Europe within three years, Shinawatra has confirmed he will back Eriksson when the transfer window opens in the new year in a bid to gain UEFA Cup qualification well ahead of schedule.
"There will not be many new faces like there were in the summer but possibly, there will be a few," he told the Manchester Evening News.
"There is no doubt that I trust Sven to spend my money well and it is our duty to find it. His track record has been brilliant so far.
"There were those who questioned us when we appointed Sven as manager but they are not doing so now. So far, he has proved to be a perfect choice."
"We set out with a three-year plan and though people will say we are ahead of that plan we have only played 10 games so far," he said.
"But we have started very well and we seem to be winning the disillusioned fans back."