Carlos Tevez attended Manchester City's celebration march to Eastlands on Monday night despite reports he would miss the event. It had been suggested instead of celebrating winning the FA Cup he would be on a flight back to Argentina.
Instead, the 26-year-old was with his team-mates - with the exception of Mario Balotelli, who is said to have been given permission to return home by Roberto Mancini - to mark the end of City's 35-year wait for a trophy.
"In my mind, there was never a question as to whether I would be there," said Tevez.
"It is a great day for Sheikh Mansour, who has given so much to the club, and also the fans, who have waiting so long and so patiently as well as the players who have given their all to make this possible.
"No-one had to persuade me to be here. I simply wouldn't have missed this event."
The South American was one of the main figures to take the fans' acclaim as they lined the route in their thousands before a spectacular party at Eastlands.