But the Evening Chronicle says Sunderland have not made an offer and are unlikely to do so.
"We're trying to get something done as soon as possible.
"It's a situation which needs to get resolved. I want to be staying in Kansas City if I'm going to stay. But if they're going to sell me, then I want to know as soon as possible.
"It's not just my decision. It's the club's decision if they want to sell or not. But I would definitely have an input on a team."
For the big stories and the banter follow us on Twitter: @tribalfootball