Sunday’s clash between Brisbane Roar and Wellington Phoenix in doubt

Brisbane Roar’s home clash with Wellington Phoenix on Sunday is in danger of being postponed.

Brisbane Roar’s home clash with Wellington Phoenix on Sunday is in danger of being postponed.

The current flood situation in Queensland is making access to Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium slightly tricky and there is a small chance that the Week 23 fixture may have to be put back.

Football Federation Australia media officer Mark Jensen said the weather conditions in Brisbane are being monitored ahead of Sunday’s match.

"We're looking at weather patterns and hoping the game will go ahead," he said.

"The pitch has been draining and it's fine to play on but the problem is that access to the actual venue may be difficult. Roads could be under water if the rain keeps tumbling like it has been.

"We're seeing where we could move it but right at the moment it's going ahead.”

Roar media man Daniel Lato admitted the game was in limbo but said that a decision would be made when things were more clear.

"At this stage we're just unsure," he said.

"The actual stadium itself is fine at the moment. But the benchmark they're using at this stage is the floods of 74, which were quite severe, and they're expecting the peak of Brisbane River to actually go above those levels by Thursday.

“It's a bit of wait and see at the moment. As soon as we can make a decision on that, one will be made."

Have your say