The 23-year old will finalise a move to French Ligue 1 outfit Boulogne for a reported $2.15million after a bust-up with fire coach Denis Hamlett earlier this month.
But the All-Star defender said it is just one of those unfortunate things that happens in football.
"You don't like to leave in a situation like that, when it leaves a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths," Soumare said.
"There's been a lot of things said and a lot things twisted around and it's unfortunate, because it's the kind of thing you want to keep internal, usually. I wish it happened differently, but that's life. There's no real response to it. It just is what it is."
Soumare revealed that Boulogne made an offer earlier this season but nothing was done until the incident involving coach Hamlett during half-time of the 3-2 loss to Houston Dynamo on August 9.
"We tried to get something done when the offer first came in earlier this season, but the Fire turned it down and we moved on," Soumare added.
"We never talked about it again. But after the event that happened in Houston, that was enough for everyone to reconsider the offer on the table. It was enough. I was ready to move in a different direction."