My tribe

Sandro agent confident ownership issue will not prevent Spurs move

The agent of Internacional midfielder Sandro doesn't expect the player's complicated ownership to cloud his move to Tottenham.

A move could be blocked as Sandro currently falls short of the number of international appearances required to be granted a work permit in the United Kingdom. He has won just a solitary cap to date for Brazil.

Another potential issue is third-party ownership, with Internacional holding only 70 per cent of his economic rights, with the remaining 30 per cent held by a third party.

Agent Luiz Paulo Chignall does not envisage too many problems and is confident that the deal to take his client to White Hart Lane will still go ahead.

"Third-party ownership is very common in Brazil," he said. "Transfer fees are paid to the club and then they have to settle up with the third parties."

About the author

Tribal Football Staff

Have your say
  • Add your favourite leagues and clubs
  • Build your own personal news stream
  • Easily share your favourite stories
  • Connect with what your friends are saying

Select your favourite
leagues and clubs
to get started.

Already part of MyTribe?