Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp insists he has not had a row with Aaron Lennon after the winger hobbled away from Saturday's defeat to Stoke. Reports suggested the Spurs boss had been angered after the England international failed to return to the pitch in the closing stages at White Hart Lane having suffered an ankle injury to leave his team with 10 men.
Redknapp had used all of his substitutions and was therefore unable to replace Lennon before Stoke went on to pinch the points.
Rumours of a bust-up emerged after the pair were seen exchanging words on the touchline but, as he awaits the results of a scan on Lennon's ankle, Redknapp has played down suggestions of a row.
"It has all got blown out of proportion. The lad was injured," he told Sky Sports News:
"All I said to Aaron was, 'is it possible for you to play on?' because I only had 10 men.
"I felt that if we had stayed with 11 men, we would have won the game. We certainly would not have got beat.
"His ankle was too sore so he had to come off. There is nothing we can do about that. I would not have wanted him to stay on and do more damage."