PREMIERSHIP WRAP: City win goal fest, Chelsea back on winning trail but losses for Blackpool and Bolton as Fulham draw away.

Manchester City survived a late scare before a 4-3 win over struggling Wolves and Chelsea defeated Blackburn Rovers 2-0 to move into the top four.

Manchester City survived a late scare before a 4-3 win over struggling Wolves and Chelsea defeated Blackburn Rovers 2-0 to move into the top four.

Chelsea enjoyed only their second Premier League win in ten outings with a 2-0 win over Blackburn at Stamford Bridge.

Rovers were good value for the scoreless first half against a nervy Blues but once Branislav Ivanovic scored after the break the visitor’s resolve faded and the host’s gained in confidence.

Nicolas Anelka, who enjoys scoring against the men from Ewood Park, calmed the nerves with a second 14 minutes from time.

The scoreline could have been more emphatic with Ramires and Anelka both striking the woodwork.

For Rovers David Hoilett did force a smart stop for keeper Petr Cech.

Manchester City claimed the three points against relegation threatened Wolves and move back to the top of the Premiership after a 4-3 success at Eastlands.

But Wolves battled all the way and actually took an early lead through Nenad Milijas and looked like they might hold out until the break but a deflected 40th effort from Kolo Toure restored parity.

But three goals in 17 minutes after half-time seemed to have put City on their way to a comfortable victory.

A Carlos Tevez solo effort gave the host’s lead then Yaya Toure made it 3-1 followed by Tevez heading his second.

Kevin Doyle gave Wolves hope by converting from the penalty spot and Ronald Zubar ensured anxious last few minutes by heading in late on.

City have now only lost once in 13 league games since defeat back at Wolves in October.

Bolton’s poor form on the road continued as they went down 2-0 at the Britannia Stadium to Stoke City who moved level with their visitor’s on 30 points.

The Wanderers have now lost their last five away matches and a goal in each half did the damage today.

Danny Higginbotham scrambled home from a Tuncay corner to give the Potters the lead close to half time.

Matthew Etherington then scored from the penalty spot after the break, converting after he had been brought down in the box by Zat Knight.

West Bromwich Albion ended a run of five successive defeats with thrilling 3-2 win over Blackpool who took an early lead through David Vaughan.

Peter Odemwingie scored the first of his brace before half time to send both teams in level.

James Morrison quickly after the lead put the Baggies in front but their porous defence which has conceded 39 goals this term allowed Gary Taylor-Fletcher to score what seemed a match saving point with 10 minutes remaining.

Albion came back and deservedly got the winner in a game they had dominated with three minutes remaining thanks to Odemwingie’s volleyed effort.

Fulham don’t normally travel well but they scored late at Wigan to snatch a 1-1 draw and keep them moving away from the bottom of the table.

Wigan also moved out of the bottom three with the point but it could have been so much better had they hung on to Hugo Rodallega’s clever lob.

If the first half was poor the second period was a vast improvement.

Rodallega almost sealed the game but hit a post and then Cottagers substitute Andrew Johnson found space to shoot and, via a deflection off defender and keeper, find the net to ease the pressure on boss Mark Hughes.

Have your say