PREMIERSHIP WRAP: Berbatov hits five as Man Utd put seven past Blackburn, Arsenal win at Villa but Man City held by Stoke and West Ham claim three points.

Arsenal survived a second-half fightback from Aston Villa to claim a 4-2 win, whilst Manchester United won 7-1 against Blackburn Rovers at Old Trafford.

Arsenal survived a second-half fightback from Aston Villa to claim a 4-2 win, whilst Manchester United won 7-1 against Blackburn Rovers at Old Trafford.

Dimitar Berbatov ended his seven game goal drought in the most emphatic fashion as Manchester United hammered Blackburn 7-1 to head the Barclays Premier League table.

The Bulgarian scored five times as the hosts overwhelmed Rovers racing into a three goal lead by the half-hour mark.

By then Berbatov had scored twice and Park Ji-sung the other.

Blackburn’s embarrassment continued after the break as Nani chipped in with a goal as Berbatov wrapped up his hat-trick.

Chris Samba heading a late visitor’s consolation which he understandably failed to celebrate.

Arsenal dominated the opening 45 minutes at Villa Park and netting through Andrey Arshavin and Samir Nasri.

But Aston Villa were transformed in the second period and Ciaran Clark struck twice either side of Marouane Chamakh's 10th goal of the campaign before Jack Wilshere's injury-time clincher ended the game 4-2.

Avram Grant bought himself some breathing space as bottom of the table West Ham triumphed 3-1 at home to Wigan.

Valon Behrami put the Hammers ahead in the first half .

Victor Obinna then made it two, with Scott Parker adding a third after Mauro Boselli had missed a penalty for Wigan.

The Latics grabbed a late consolation through Tom Cleverley.

The Hammers remain bottom of the table, though, as Wolves scored late against Sunderland to win 3-2.

All the goals at Molineux came in the second half. Kevin Foley put Wolves ahead, before Darren Bent and Danny Welbeck swung the contest in the Black Cats favour.

But Stephen Hunt levelled from close range and Sylvan Ebanks-Blake netted in the last minute to give manager Mick McCarthy a win over his former side.

West Brom trounced Everton 4-1 at Goodison Park, as they finally got back to winning ways.

The Baggies were 2-0 up by the 26th minute through Paul Scharner and Chris Brunt, before Tim Cahill gave the Toffees hope with a strike just before half-time.

But Mikel Arteta's red card for an apparent stamp on Gonzalo Jara ended any hope of an Everton comeback.

Somen Tchoyi then made it three, and Sylvain Distin scored an unfortunate own goal for the fourth.

Albion’s Mulumbu was then sent off for a second yellow card.

At the Reebok Stadium, Bolton came back from 2-0 down to draw with Blackpool and retain their record of not having lost at home to the Seasiders since 1986.

Ian Evatt's header and a Luke Varney strike gave Ian Holloway's visitors the advantage with a little over 30 minutes remaining.

But Bolton hit back through Martin Petrov and then a stunning team effort was finished off by Mark Davies in the final minute.

Birmingham drew 1-1 with Fulham after taking a first half lead at Craven Cottage through Sebastien Larsson.

But a Clint Dempsey header restored parity just after half time leaving the visitor’s 13 games without an away win.

At the Britannia Stadium Micah Richards looked to have secured three points for Manchester City against Stoke with an 81st minute individual effort.

But Stoke are fighters on their home turf and on the stroke of full time Matthew Etherington then rescued a point for the hosts.

Have your say