My tribe

PREMIER LEAGUE: Helguson brace as QPR edge Stoke in five-goal thriller

QPR have shaded Stoke City 3-2 in a thrilling encounter at the Britannia Stadium this afternoon.

The visiting R's fell behind when Jonathan Walters put Stoke ahead inside ten minutes with a neat finish across Paddy Kenny from the edge of the area after being played in by Peter Crouch but Neil Warnock's charges responded less than 15 minutes later with Heidar Helguson brilliantly nodding home Armand Traore's cross.

QPR took a 2-1 lead just before half-time with Luke Young slotting home a nice cut-back pass from Jamie Mackie for his first goal for the club before Helguson grabbed his second, and fifth in his last four, in the 54th minute with a sliding half-volley from Joey Barton's curling cross from the left.

The two goal buffer lasted just ten minutes as Potters skipper Ryan Shawcross headed from close range after Crouch's initial headed attempt and the home side then threw everything they had at the West Londoners who managed to hold on for dear life to move to ninth on the table as Tony Pulis and his men endured a fourth league loss on the trot.

TRIBAL ASKS:Does Tony Pulis have plenty of problems at Stoke after winning just one of their past eight?

Stoke City: 2 (Jonathan Walters 8', Ryan Shawcross 64') QPR: 3 (Heidar Helguson 22'/54', Luke Young 44') Britannia Stadium, Stoke-on-Trent

Yellow cards:STO - Andrew Wilkinson 29, Ryan Shawcross 43', Rory Delap 84', Ricardo Fuller 86' QPR - Joey Barton 45', Heidar Helguson 90'

 Click here to reach the No1 destination for hard news and exciting gossip on QPR

 Click here to reach the No1 destination for hard news and exciting gossip on Stoke City

Andrew Slevison
About the author

Andrew Slevison

Have your say
  • Add your favourite leagues and clubs
  • Build your own personal news stream
  • Easily share your favourite stories
  • Connect with what your friends are saying

Select your favourite
leagues and clubs
to get started.

Already part of MyTribe?