The 26-year-old would like to stay but must await developments off the field and he fears he cannot afford for that to take much longer. Pienaar told KickOff.com: "At this stage I'm in the dark. I'm still under contract to Borussia Dortmund until June 2009 and only when they give me the go-ahead can I start to negotiate with any possible club.
"Obviously they will only give me this permission when they have reached an agreement with a club that wishes to buy me, but so far I have not been informed by Dortmund that they have reached agreement with Everton."
"At this stage, no," he added. "I have enjoyed my time here, as I said.
"But the clock is ticking for me because I have a maximum transfer fee of £2.2million in my contract with Dortmund that is only valid until April 30.
"I cannot allow this deadline to expire because this is a transfer fee that is affordable to a number of clubs, particularly in the Premiership.
"So reasonably speaking, I can only wait for a few more days for Everton to reach agreement with Dortmund.
"If that's not going to be forthcoming, then I will then need to pursue the other options that I may have and finalise everything by the end of April."