Holger Osieck does not expect to lose his role as manager of the Australian national team anytime soon.
The German tactician has come under fire since the Socceroos were beaten 6-0 by Brazil in a friendly earlier this month with some suggesting he could be out of a job if they are comfortably beaten by France in Paris next month.
After releasing his provisional 24-man squad for the friendly with Les Bleus in Paris on October 12 (AEDT), and four days later against Canada in London, Osieck dismissed claims that his position was on the line.
“It is impossible for me to respond to that question,” Osieck said after being asked if he could soon lose his job.
“I have a contract and I have fulfilled my mandate so far and now we are in the process of preparing for the finals, but if you want to put this to me I am the wrong person to talk to.
“I am not informed of what has been said or written about me.
“So far there has been no need to talk (with Football Federation Australia) about my situation.
“What's the rationale behind it? We are in the early stages of preparation for Brazil.
“We are there while other major football nations are still struggling to qualify and some won't even get there.
“To question me then is a little bit out of order.
“As an organisation, and the technical department is part of the organisation, we are all in the same boat and we should row in the same direction.
“It would be very unwise not to do so and I do not have a feeling of anything different.”