Norwich boss Paul Lambert laughed off suggestions the Premier League newcomers would sign Germany striker Miroslav Klose this summer. Reports had suggested that Lambert, a former Borussia Dortmund player, was using his links to Germany to try to land the 32-year-old but the Scot admitted on Thursday that this was highly unlikely.
"The lad's 30-odd now, he's played in front of 80,000 people," Lambert told BBC Radio Scotland.
"He isn't going to come to Norwich and put his shoulder to the wheel, that's me being totally honest."
Lambert, who signed a new and improved contract at Carrow Road on Wednesday, thinks he needs seven new additions to make sure the Canaries' return to the Barclays Premier League is not a brief one.
"I think we're going to need about seven, which is a big turnover, but we did it last year, going in with seven or so new lads and they adapted to it," he said.
"There's ones I've identified already to the club and it's up to us to try and persuade them to come."