No official bid from Wigan for Bristol City striker Maynard

Wigan insist they have made informal enquiries about Bristol City's Nicky Maynard and not an official bid as reported by Bristol.

On Tuesday a statement on the City website said the Championship outfit had given the Latics permission to speak to the 25-year-old, adding that "discussions to finalise a transfer fee with the Premier League club are at an advanced stage."

In the statement, Latics chief executive Jonathan Jackson said: "An informal enquiry was made as to the player's availability last week, but that really is as far as it goes at this stage.

"We are therefore disappointed by suggestions that talks are in an advanced stage.

"Some reports even suggest the player has turned (down) a move to Wigan Athletic, when in fact, no bid has been lodged."

 

Click here to reach the No1 destination for hard news and exciting gossip on Wigan Athletic

Have your say

Related Images