My tribe

Mourinho confirms Man Utd winger signing plans: Why we have Lindelof

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho admits he still wants a winger signing.

Mourinho says "75 per cent" of their market work is now complete.

He said today: “You know, in my initial analysis coming from January and progressively through the other months I was thinking about four players but I am not a difficult person to work with - in spite of it looking different sometimes - and I understand the reality of the market, I understand the reality of the numbers.

“I am happy with the effort the club did, I am happy that the club managed to do 75% of the work before the Premier League starts and if until the August 31 the remaining 25% don't arrive I will not moan, I will just go with everything I have to try to win every match we play.

“25% means one of four, and we got a central defender that can play in many other positions, which is important.

“Victor (Lindelof) can play right back and can play central midfielder, we got a central midfielder, we got a striker, obviously the 25% would be a player for another position playing from the sides.

“But we have players and if we cannot strengthen the team in these areas we have people we can trust and go for it."

About the author

Paul Vegas

Have your say
  • Add your favourite leagues and clubs
  • Build your own personal news stream
  • Easily share your favourite stories
  • Connect with what your friends are saying

Select your favourite
leagues and clubs
to get started.

Already part of MyTribe?