"I promote Ross and any deals I discuss with any club are conducted in the presence of a FIFA-registered agent.
"I told Ross the money Wigan and Middlesbrough were offering for him and left the final say up to him.
"My advice was he should wait until the close season before making his mind up.
"But he's decided he wants security. He wants to avoid the risk of a leg break or a cruciate injury between now and the end of the season."