Melbourne Victory keen to retain Hernandez

Melbourne Victory would only accept a ‘significant’ offer for star midfielder Carlos Hernandez.
hernandez

Melbourne Victory would only accept a ‘significant’ offer for star midfielder Carlos Hernandez.

The 29-year old Costa Rican has been trialing with MLS club Real Salt Lake who are looking to fill the void left by injured playmaker Javier Morales.

Hernandez trained with the Utah club last week and was due back in Melbourne on Thursday night and upon his expected arrival, Victory media officer Trent Jacobs told the Herald Sun that it would take a decent offer for the former Johnny Warren Medalist to depart the club.

"Carlos is contracted for next season and is very much a required player," Jacobs said.

"There are commercial realities at play, of course, but there would have to be a very significant offer made for Carlos not to be playing at Victory next season."

And what’s more, RSL coach Jason Kreis admitted the 2009 MLS Cup winners have no money to offer.

“I think it’s difficult for us no matter what because we don’t have any money and because we expect a lot out of our players,” he told MLSsoccer.com.

You’ve got to have money to be able to pay players and bring them over.

“We may be fooling ourselves to think that we can bring anybody in that can contribute in any meaningful way until we have a preseason.”

 
The game is about opinions. Make yours heard! Join the tribalfootball.com
nation on Facebook today: Facebook.com/tribalfootball

Have your say