Manchester City striker Tevez sees Corinthians hopes collapse

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has seen a move to Corinthians fall through.

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has seen a move to Corinthians fall through.

The Daily Mail says Tevez’s move to Corinthians sensationally collapsed on Tuesday night when the club released a statement saying that time had run out to complete a deal before the closure of the Brazilian transfer window.

The statement said: "The board of SC Corinthians hereby officially announce the impossibility of signing the Argentine striker Carlos Tevez.

"While recognising the efforts of Manchester City and everyone involved in the negotiation, there is no more time for the transfer to be completed, given that the (Brazilian) transfer window to sign players from abroad ends on Wednesday, July 20.

"Aware of the enormous dream of our supporters for the striker to once again play for Corinthians, the board hopes to count on Tevez in the near future."

Although a £40m fee had been agreed between the two clubs, sources in Brazil indicate the deal broke down because the South Americans were unable to pay any cash up front, nor did they have enough time to produce City with bank guarantees that the money would be eventually arrive in four installments.

 
It's kicking off again! Click here for your No1 source for Manchester City transfer market news and gossip.

Have your say