Manchester City owners on backfoot as Corinthians turn screw over Tevez deal

Corinthians remain confident of signing Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez.

Corinthians remain confident of signing Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez.

City rejected their €40 million bid for Tevez on Tuesday - by email - but that won't put Corinthians off. They are convinced of landing Tevez due to the Argentine's willingness to see the deal done.

Corinthians, says Globo Esporte, have already struck personal terms with Tevez. Club president Andres Sanches met with Tevez's lawyer, Adrian Ruocco, last week in Argentina and thrashed out an agreement over a four-contract worth £4 million-a-year, plus bonuses coming from marketing campaigns.

"A refusal does not mean much. There is the will of the player to play in South America again. This is the most important factor. When the athlete wants one thing, the club cannot go against it," said the director of football for Corinthians, Roberto de Andrade.

 
It's kicking off again! Click here for your No1 source for Manchester City transfer market news and gossip.

Have your say