Manchester United's pursuit of Sao Paulo sensation Lucas is set to intensify today. The Daily Mail says United are stepping up their £30million bid for Sao Paulo midfielder Lucas amid competition from Inter Milan.

A United delegation is due to arrive in Brazil on Tuesday to open talks after the 19-year-old's father spoke to Inter on Friday.

United want to tie up a deal ahead of the player joining Brazil's Olympic squad.

They were previously told by Lucas's father that he was destined for Real Madrid but they have switched to Luka Modric.