Manchester City's football administrator Brian Marwood has reminded unsettled stars Robinho and Emmanuel Adebayor that they are under contract to play for City. Marwood said there had been no developments on possible moves for either player and that they would be part of City's 25-man squad if they were still at the club after the transfer deadline expires on Tuesday.
Adebayor has threatened to leave City, fearing a season on the substitutes' bench, while Robinho's future at the club is uncertain after the Brazilian turned down a move to Turkish side Fenerbahce.
Marwood, speaking in Monaco after the Europa League draw, said: "There is no further update on Robinho - there are a couple of clubs that have shown an interest but nothing has developed.
"If he stays beyond the deadline he will be part of the 25."
Asked about Adebayor's remarks, Marwood said he was not aware of the Togo striker's comments but said both players were obliged to honour their contracts.
Marwood added: "We are no different to any club, they have signed the contract and made a commitment to the football club until both parties decide that they won't be at the club any longer.
"They have to remain professional, they have a contract and they have certain obligations to the football club."
Adebayor said he would look to leave City if he cannot play regularly this season.
The former Arsenal player told talkSPORT: "The season is going to be very long and very difficult for myself. I'm a footballer and have to keep going and not give up. I need to keep fighting for myself and enjoying my football.
"If you're in a team and you're not playing, and there is a team that comes in for me, then I will definitely be on my way out because I'm a footballer and I love playing.
"So if I don't have a chance to play here there will be a lot of chance to play somewhere else. If they [Manchester City] force you out then you always have to follow your destiny."