Man City insist no olive branch yet offered to Tevez

Manchester City officials won't be rolling out the welcome mat for Carlos Tevez. The Sun says City are waiting for him to say sorry to Roberto Mancini, his team-mates and fans.

Manchester City officials won't be rolling out the welcome mat for Carlos Tevez.

The Sun says City are waiting for him to say sorry to Roberto Mancini, his team-mates and fans.

Club insiders have pointed out that his return is not an olive branch from City — nor have they pleaded with him to return to give their title bid a boost.

Tevez has received a letter each week since his departure on November 7 outlining his training schedule and reminding him of his contractual obligations.

With all his options of a move now closed until the summer, Tevez has made the decision himself to return to Carrington.

The striker was heartened to hear from a handful of first-teamers upon his return to England — who urged him to get himself fit again. Sources close to the player admitted he had been worried about how he would be received by his team-mates but was buoyed by the messages of support.

But Mancini is in no rush to get the £25m-rated striker back into his team — although he is prepared to give him a chance to impress.

While the goals have dried up for City in recent weeks, they will have Mario Balotelli back from suspension when they return to league action against Blackburn next Saturday.

The source said: "Mancini is pragmatic — if Tevez proves his fitness and trains well there's a chance he could play for the first team again.

"But he's got a long way to go before that is even a possibility.

"He may be back at the club but really the hard work starts now if he wants to pull on a City shirt again."

Have your say