Manchester City won't be forced into selling Carlos Tevez for less than market rate.

The Sun says it has emerged Tevez has lost £9.3million and counting over his dispute with the club.

City are adamant they will not be held to ransom by the Argentine, who turned down a move to Paris St Germain because he would rather hang on for a switch to AC Milan.

Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said: "Carlos remains a player with contractual obligations to Manchester City for the next 2½ seasons.

"Unless we receive an offer that we deem appropriate the terms of his contract will be enforced."

City stopped paying the £198,000-a-week striker, 27, at the end of November - that totals £1.7million in wages.

On December 22, they fined him £1.2m for gross misconduct. Tevez appealed against that but lost at a club hearing. He can appeal again to the Premier League by the end of the month. Tevez had already been fined nearly £400,000 for refusing to warm up at Bayern Munich.

Before then, he lost £6m in loyalty bonuses for consistently trying to leave and making his desire to go so public.