Kasami rubbishes Fulham fracas following Carling Cup loss

Pajtim Kasami says there is no problem within the Fulham camp despite reports suggesting there had been a bust-up.

Pajtim Kasami says there is no problem within the Fulham camp despite reports suggesting there had been a bust-up.

Following the Cottagers’ Carling Cup loss on penalties to Chelsea late last month, Fulham boss Martin Jol reportedly fined Kasami £500 for his penalty miss because Orlando Sa was supposed to take it.

Kasami has confirmed there was a fine handed out but has made it clear that there is no ill-will between he and Jol who is also rumoured to have had a row with Bobby Zamora last week.

"In the heat of the battle at Stamford Bridge, I felt confident that I could score when we were awarded a penalty against Chelsea," he told Fulham's official website.

"I wasn't fully aware that Orlando Sa was the designated penalty taker for this game, and it was my desire to help my team and that resulted in me stepping forward.

"In hindsight, I made the wrong decision and I apologised to the manager immediately after the game, and we agreed it was a miscommunication.

"Any subsequent action taken against me is a confidential matter between me and the manager, and I am satisfied with the outcome and have no issues about it.

"As for this matter causing any unrest in the camp, these reports are utter rubbish and I am most disappointed that after such a fantastic win on Sunday, this story is making the wrong kind of headlines."

 

Click here to reach the No1 destination for hard news and exciting gossip on Fulham

Have your say