Juventus coach Conte furious as 10-month ban stays
Juventus coach Antonio Conte is furious after his ten-month ban was upheld following a failed appeal.
Conte had been suspended for most of the season after an initial probe by the Italian Football Federation saw him found guilty of failing to report attempts to fix two matches while in charge of Siena.
"We've called this Press conference because the time has arrived for us to talk after hearing what everyone else had to say," he stated on Thursday afternoon.
"I've always respected the rules, on and off the pitch. I have comported myself in the right way throughout this whole affair.
"Yesterday seemed to be the icing on the cake. I was left appalled by what was said by one of the commission's judges. Who, perhaps in order to make the papers, said some unusual things.
"I've behaved in the right way, despite the fact that I have suffered some grave injustice. Now I want to clear a few things up.
"I've never placed a bet in my life, but I've become an advert for the betting scandal."