Former Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe said he could not turn down the challenge of taking over at English ChampionshipBurnley. The 33 year old was officially unveiled today at Turf Moor on a three-and-a-half year deal.
He replaces Brian Laws as Clarets boss and has been joined by his assistant Jason Tindall.
Howe said: "It feels fantastic for me. It's an honour and a privilege to be named Burnley manager and we're looking forward to the challenge ahead.
"It was a difficult week last week. On Tuesday I was approached by two clubs but I turned them down to stay at Bournemouth. Then on Thursday Burnley came in and it was just too good an opportunity to turn down. It was a great challenge for Jason and me, and our families, and we felt we had to take it.
"You just have to look around the stadium and on Saturday [against QPR] I could see the desire of the supporters. There's a huge history to the club, the board have been fantastic with us, and there's a really talented squad as well. Put that in the mix and it's a really good opportunity."