Watch out for 'The Season' in Monday's Guardian newspaper.
'The Season' is the Guardianâ€™s ultimate guide to the new football season and is free with the paper on Monday 10 August. As well as providing you with essential team-by-team information, the Season, also offers readers some off-the-wall and interesting critiques on the football league's top teams. This all comes in a handy guide size, small enough to take to the terraces, but large enough to satisfy your appetite for endless stats and rumours.
- Manchester United without Ronaldo
- Manchester Cityâ€™s prospects after spending almost Â£100m in the summer
- Rafael Benitez, Liverpoolâ€™s history and their need for the title
- Foreign players' experiences in England focusing on Wiganâ€™s Roberto Martinez (see below)
- World Cup qualifying clips and great World Cup clichÃ©s
- Newcastle's chances of getting out of a tough Championship
- Carlo Ancelotti's Twitter page
- The Michael Owen-style brochures you might have missed
- The possible shift in power from the Premier League to La Liga
- ESPN and the BBCâ€™s involvement in showing live football
- A funny look at the new and very complicated Europa League
- Uefa's experiment with five referees per match
Also, featured is a Premier League team-by-team guide and previews of the Championship/League One/League Two and the Scottish Premier League.