Watch out for 'The Season' in Monday's Guardian newspaper.
'The Season' is the Guardian’s ultimate guide to the new football season and is free with the paper on Monday 10 August. As well as providing you with essential team-by-team information, the Season, also offers readers some off-the-wall and interesting critiques on the football league's top teams. This all comes in a handy guide size, small enough to take to the terraces, but large enough to satisfy your appetite for endless stats and rumours.
- Manchester United without Ronaldo
- Manchester City’s prospects after spending almost £100m in the summer
- Rafael Benitez, Liverpool’s history and their need for the title
- Foreign players' experiences in England focusing on Wigan’s Roberto Martinez (see below)
- World Cup qualifying clips and great World Cup clichés
- Newcastle's chances of getting out of a tough Championship
- Carlo Ancelotti's Twitter page
- The Michael Owen-style brochures you might have missed
- The possible shift in power from the Premier League to La Liga
- ESPN and the BBC’s involvement in showing live football
- A funny look at the new and very complicated Europa League
- Uefa's experiment with five referees per match
Also, featured is a Premier League team-by-team guide and previews of the Championship/League One/League Two and the Scottish Premier League.