Genoa will entertain Juve this Sunday.
"There was only one true contact," he told the Corriere dello Sport. "I spoke with [previous directors] Alessio Secco and Jean-Claude Blanc.
"However, a week before I had already reached a verbal agreement with Genoa President Enrico Preziosi to sign a three-year extension.
"The Juventus directors told me that I was amongst the two or three contenders and I, although flattered, told them to talk with Preziosi.
"It was all born and died there. I have no regrets though, it obviously wasn't the right moment."
For breaking stories and all the great banter like us on Facebook: facebook.com/tribalfootball