Newcastle United striker Papiss Cisse is considering his international future after last week's fiasco.
The Sunday Mirror says the Magpies were left fuming by the Senegal FA after Cisse’s hopes of playing in the 2-1 defeat to Swansea City were dashed when his country invoked the five-day rule.
United have also claimed that Senegal have “an agenda” against them after being hit with a hammer blow today.
A club statement said: “Newcastle United is dismayed and angry at the position adopted by the Senegalese Federation, and supported by FIFA.
“It’s the club’s view that the Senegalese Federation have an agenda against Papiss and/or Newcastle United. We will take this matter up with the FA.”