- Robotic officials and sensors on players will eradicate wrong decisions
- Advances in sports science and genetics will push players to new performance levels and recovery
- Kit will use nanotechnology â" releasing nutrients to replace minerals, kill germs and heal minor injuries
- Shirt sponsor logos will change during the game
- Vast amounts of real-time data will help managers make informed tactical decisions
- Matches will never be postponed because pitches will be artificial and stadiums will use cloud seeding to create their own microclimates
- TV viewers will watch 360 degree personalised images
- Video games will be rendered versions of actual matches so users can play out real scenarios
Rather than spending millions on transfers, will Manchester United invest in genetics in a bid to produce the best players? Forget old men in sheepskin coats â" scouts of the future will wear lab coats. Physical and psychological assessments of players are common now; in the future, genetic profiling will assess athletic potential and injury risk.
"Beyond the next 20 years, we could even see the concept of breeding athletes," Reddin said.